- Capital: Roseau
- Population: 70'000 (UN, 2002)
- Density : 170 hab./km Life
- Expectancy: 74.38
- Major languages: English (official), French, Creole
- Monetary unit: East Caribbean Dollar
- Independence day: 3.11.1978.
- Religion: Roman Catholic 77%, Protestant 15% (Methodist 5%, Pentecostal 3%, Seventh-Day Adventist 3%, Baptist 2%, other 2%), none 2%, other 6%.
- Industries: soap, coconut oil, tourism, copra, furniture, cement blocks, shoes
- Exports: bananas, soap, bay oil, vegetables, grapefruit, oranges
Import manufactured goods, machinery and equipment, food, chemicals.
- Dominica is the only island in the eastern Caribbean to retain some of its pre-Columbian population, the Carib Indians,-about 3,000 of whom live on the island's east coast.
The National Anthem
Isle of beauty, isle of splendour,
Isle to all so sweet and fair,
All must surely gaze in wonder
At thy gifts so rich and rare.
Rivers, valleys, hills and mountains,
All these gifts we do extol.
Healthy land, so like all fountains,
Giving cheer that warms the soul.
Dominica, God hath blest thee
With a clime benign and bright,
Pastures green and flowers of beauty
Filling all with pure delight,
And a people strong and healthy,
Full of godly, rev'rent fear.
May we ever seek to praise Thee
For these gifts so rich and rare.
Come ye forward, sons and daughters
Of this gem beyond compare.
Strive for honor, sons and daughters,
Do the right, be firm, be fair.
Toil with hearts and hands and voices.
We must prosper!
Sound the call, In which ev'ry one rejoices,
All for Each and Each for All.